A slogan is an advertising tool in the quiver of the marketer that is used to capture the attention of the consuming public.Dictionary.com defines slogan thus: a distinctive cry, phrase, or motto of any party, group, manufacturer, or person; catchword or catchphrase.
Now, there are billions of slogans created daily around the world; moreover, companies pay out millions of dollars to have them produced to create a unique selling proposition within the marketplace.
That said, slogans come and go easily, however; a great slogan is one that is memorable, connects to key benefits, and creates a marked distinction within the marketplace.
Charles Whittier captures it well in the book titled, Creative Advertising by noting that, “A slogan should be a statement of such merit about a product or service that is worthy of continuous repetitive advertising; is worthwhile for the public to remember, and is phrased in such a way that the public is likely to remember it. “
Today, the tourist industry has grown into a mammoth sector, and businesses and nations are all seeking a share of the market.
Consequently, they use various promotional mix to win and influence people to buy into their market offer.
Part of this includes creating a slogan that conveys value proposition to the consuming public in just one, short sentence — and a catchy and memorable one, at that.
Here are twenty that one would be hard-pressed to make better or forget:
1. Jamaica — Once You Go, You Know’
2. Fiji — Fiji Me
3. Latvia – Best enjoyed slowly
4. Slovenia — I feel SLOVEnia
5. Nepal — Naturally Nepal — Once is not enough
6. New Zealand — New Zealand’s Hutt Valley – Right Up My Hutt Valley
7. Israel – Size doesn’t matter
8. Indonesia – Admit It You Love It
9. Panama – It stays in you
10. Colombia – The only risk is wanting to stay
11. Morocco – The country that travels within you
12. Lithuania – See It! Feel It! Love It!
13. Anguilla – Feeling is Believing
14. Paraguay – You have to feel it
15. Greece — You in Greece
16.. The Philippines — It’s more fun in the Philippines
17. Costa Rica — No artificial ingredients
18. Panama — It will never leave you
19. Bangladesh — Beautiful Bangladesh
20. Colombia — Colombia is magic realism
Yvad Billings, Readers Bureau, Fellow
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add a comment in the box below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21