The U.S. and China continue to do battle on the following fronts:
- Punitive tariffs placed by the U.S. on about $370bn worth of Chinese imported goods, and retaliatory levies by China
- Accusations that Chinese telecommunications equipment maker Huawei Technologies helps Beijing snoop on its rivals
- The coronavirus
- A row over Beijing’s move to impose a security law on Hong Kong
- U.S. sanctions against some Chinese individuals linked to alleged human rights abuses against Uighurs and other minority Muslim groups
- Territorial disputes in the South China Sea
- Potential flare-ups related to the status of Taiwan
- Accusations that the Chinese-owned video-sharing app TikTok allows Beijing to gather U.S. user data.
Yvad Billings, Readers Bureau, Contributor
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story?
Please add a comment in the e-mail box below, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a message on WhatsApp at 646-874-7976 or Call us at 201-500-7715