How To Get Healthy Sleep?
One of our basic physiological needs is sleep. The fact is one cannot enjoy a healthy lifestyle without adequate sleep. One is also at his or her optimal performance best after at least seven hours of sleep.
- Be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning, including on the weekends
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature.
- Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smart phones, from the bedroom.
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime.
- Avoid tobacco/nicotine.
- Get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.
Keep a journal of your sleep patterns to discuss with your doctor.
If you still have trouble sleeping, discuss your sleep with your doctor.
Before your appointment, keep a 10-day sleep journal or diary to share with your doctor that includes when you:
- Go to bed
- Fall asleep
- Wake up
- Get out of bed
- Take naps
- Drink alcohol
- Consume caffeine-containing beverages
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21