When using the Site, information will be transmitted using a medium that is beyond the control and jurisdiction of the Readers Bureau and its suppliers. Accordingly, the Readers Bureau assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this Site.
This Site and the Content are provided on an “AS IS” basis.
THE READERS BUREAU AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE READERS BUREAU, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE, OR ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT.
It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material on this Site or any Web site with which it is linked. Price information and promotions are subject to change without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the Readers Bureau and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of this Site or related material from the Readers Bureau.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on any products (e.g. prescription drugs) with regard to the Content contained on this Site.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
1. REASONS FOR COLLECTING USER INFORMATION
The Readers Bureau collects personal and other information from users of this website’s computers automatically. As a general rule we do not share our users’ personal information with third parties without first obtaining consent. By using this website you agree that we are authorized to collect, use, and keep your information for purposes such as:
- Confirming your identity
- Communicating with you
- Providing potential advertisers and advertisers of our market share in particular geographical locations. These persons will only be provided with cumulative statistics regarding sales, traffic patterns and general information about our users (location, gender and age).
- Improving and monitoring our products and services
- Assisting us in developing products and services to suit our users’ interests and providing personalized services for our users such as adapting advertisements which appear when you view our website to our users’ interests.
- Creating and provide statistical reports and analysis
- Providing you with notification of changes to our products, services and or the website
2. NATURE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information when you register to use the interactive features of the website, to receive information about our promotions and events. Such information includes your name, email address, date of birth, occupation, town or city, country, Postal Code and interests. When you register or sign in to use our service we will be able to identify you. Your name, email address, date of birth, occupation, and gender will not be visible to other users of the interactive features of the website unless you authorize us to do so.
b. OTHER INFORMATION
We will collect information regarding the nature of the information you prefer to view, your comments, products and services which are of interest to you.
Information is automatically delivered to us from your computer and web browser when you log on to the website by the placement of a cookie on your computer which delivers information to us. This information is not personal but includes your IP address, the pages you requested on your last visit, operating system, and version and Internet settings. You can adjust your computer’s settings to prevent automatic delivery of information.
Advertisements on our website are provided by third party advertisers, such as Google, who may also need to install cookies on your computer to automatically place advertisements which may be of interest to you based on your browsing history. Please see: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html for more information.
3. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using this website you agree that we may share your information with our affiliated companies.
a. We will not disclose, sell, transfer or share your personal information (email address, telephone numbers, and/ or street address) with third parties. However we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties (including but not limited to our heirs, successors in title or appointees) in the following circumstances:
- Where required by any law or regulation or upon the lawful request of a government body
- In furtherance of any criminal investigation
- To prevent unlawful activity
- To defend our legal rights
- To protect ourselves from civil or criminal liability.
b. We will respect your email privacy and therefore we will not send unsolicited emails to your email address. We may send you information by email regarding your account or in response to your enquiries.
c. We will send notices of our promotions or events which maybe of interest to you, if you ask us to.
d. Please note that persons paying for advertisements or other ecommerce transactions provided by us on the website via credit card will be required to enter their credit card information in the field provided. We do not retain credit card information. Ordinary users of the website will not be required to disclose personal information (including credit card information) via email or telephone.
5. PROTECTION OF USER INFORMATION
Information transmitted via the Internet is at risk of interception. We make no guarantees as to the safety of your personal information. However, in an effort to protect user information we use up to date and trusted security software and technological features to protect users’ information.
- We will take the necessary steps to ensure that our contractors are subject to strict contractual obligations including the privacy of our users.
- The material that you post on the website can be accessed worldwide. By agreeing to use the website you consent to such transfer of your material for and by way of Internet.
- The information we transfer outside of United States is transferred done with the relevant protections required by law in place.
- Information or material published via the interactive features on the website is accessible by the public and therefore we urge you not to disclose any personal information.
- If there is any information you do not wish for us to collect, please do not submit it to us.