You know you have something in common with former President Clinton if you have read any of the following books listed in alphabetical order by author below. They are said to be the former President’s favorite.
• I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou.
• Meditations, Marcus Aurelius.
• The Denial of Death, Ernest Becker.
• Parting the Waters: America in the King Years 1954-1963, Taylor Branch.
• Living History, Hillary Rodham Clinton.
• Lincoln, David Herbert Donald.
• The Four Quartets, T.S. Eliot.
• Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison.
• The Way of the World: From the Dawn of Civilizations to the Eve of the Twenty-First Century, David Fromkin.
• One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
• The Cure at Troy: A Version of Sophocles’ Philoctetes, Seamus Heaney.
• King Leopold’s Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror and Heroism in Colonial Africa, Adam Hochschild.
• The Imitation of Christ, Thomas a Kempis.
• Homage to Catalonia, George Orwell.
• The Evolution of Civilizations: An Introduction to Historical Analysis, Carroll Quigley.
• Moral Man and Immoral Society: A Study in Ethics and Politics, Reinhold Niebuhr.
• The Confessions of Nat Turner, William Styron.
• Politics as a Vocation, Max Weber.
• You Can’t Go Home Again, Thomas Wolfe.
• Nonzero: The Logic of Human Destiny, Robert Wright.
• The Collected Poems of W.B. Yeats, William Butler Yeats.
Yvad Billings, Readers Bureau, Fellow
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in e-mail box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21