The holiday season is already here and it is not only a special time for friends and families to come together and celebrate but also a time when car thieves are on the prowl and lookout for easy target to prey on.
So, while celebrating, these are some tips to keep in mind according to lojack.com:
DON’T KEEP THE CAR RUNNING
A big target for car thieves? Unsuspecting drivers who leave the car running while hopping into the store for a quick shopping trip or warming it up in the morning. In police lingo, these victims are called “puffers” – named for the exhaust coming out of the tailpipe while the car warms. Don’t be a “puffer.”
Remember, never leave the keys in the vehicle with the engine running!
DON’T LEAVE THIEVES GIFTS
There are some other things you can do that WON’T make it easy for a thief to take advantage of the holiday season:
- Park in a well-lit area
- Keep your car your garage
- Don’t leave gifts in your car
- Don’t program your home address in your GPS system
- Close ALL windows and lock ALL doors
BE CAUTIOUS ON THE ROADS
Of course, take care when you’re actually out on the roads. Don’t forget the basics of winter road safety if you live in a cold-weather environment:
- Slow down and pay attention when wintry weather hits
- Use your lights and make sure your windshields are clean
- Never pass snow plows or sanding trucks
- Know the weather forecast before you leave – and know what weather your car can handle. If you don’t think it can make it, don’t go.
Yvad Billings Readers Bureau, Fellow
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau