The Colon has vital functions
The intestine has two distinctly different segments, the first portion is called the small intestine and the second segment is called the large intestine known as the colon and also called the large bowels. The main function of the colon is to absorb water and salts from the undigested food before it is eliminated as feces. The primary function of the liver is to detox the body of foreign substances so it can then be eliminated by the colon.
One of the leading cancers in the world is colorectal cancer. It is felt that among the high risk of getting colon cancer is the high consumption of red and processed meats. Colon cancer has also been linked to diets high in fat and low in fiber. It is important to promote healthy nutrition, habits and supplements to the consumers so that they can make informed choices on how to improve their health and well-being.
Aloe Vera for Colon Health
The aloe vera plant is nature’s pharmacy packed in the succulent leaves. The gel from the leaves contain:
- Natural Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, Folic acid and Niacin
- Trace Mineral: calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, copper, zinc, chromium, selenium
- Amino acids: which are essential small units of protein
The main benefits of detoxification using aloe vera are:
- Resting the gastro-intestinal system, a semi-fast to decrease the digestive demands on the stomach and intestines.
- Enhancing the liver’s ability to neutralize toxins for elimination.
- Improving the elimination of toxins via the intestines and kidneys.
- Boosting the general circulation.
- Nourishing the body with essential nutrients which are found in aloe vera.
A Maintenance Program is a wholistic approach to keep the colon, and by extension the body, functioning optimally.
There are three (3) essential components for the Maintenance program.
1. Reducing the body’s exposure to toxins including chemical and heavy metals:
- Fruits and vegetables that may have residual pesticides
- Caffeine beverages
- Processed food with preservatives
- Baked products with trans fats
- Decrease exposure to household cleaners by using masks and gloves
- Substituting harsh personal products (shampoo, deodorant, perfume, lotion, toothpaste, and mouthwash) for milder or hypoallergenic
2. Healthy eating is an important disease prevention strategy.
Have a healthy meal three times a day. Increasing fiber in the diet is a natural means of improving the elimination of toxins via the intestines. Here are some vegetables and fruits
- Legumes of all types
- Lean meat and fish
- Fruits of all types
- Vitamin C supplements could be considered
- Water intake 6-8 glasses daily and green tea
3. Stress management.
The body produces adrenaline in response to stress, but this is also damaging if sustained for a long period of time.
- Reducing stressors
- Talk therapy for problem-solving
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Time management
Tips for detox living
- Deep breathing
- Foot baths
- Hot and cold water alternating shower
- Practicing positive thinking
- De-clutter your living and work space
There are health practitioners who agree that there are benefits to be derived from helping the body to restore the natural detox system. And there are those who are not at all convinced about this treatment option. The Maintenance Plan is aimed at transforming the way you currently live to enjoy better health by decreasing the burden of toxins on the body.
Readers Bureau Contributor
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in e-mail box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21