Applies to Windows XP
To take a screen shot and save it as a picture
- Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.
- Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
- In the Paintwindow, click Edit, and then click Paste.
- When the image appears in the Paintwindow, click File, and then click Save As.
- In the Save Asdialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.
You can now print or email the saved screen shot just like you would any other picture.
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21