If you choose to wear a mask:
- Before touching the mask, clean hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Take the mask and inspect it for tears or holes.
- Orient which side is the top side (where the metal strip is).
- Ensure the proper side of the mask faces outwards (the colored side).
- Place the mask to your face. Pinch the metal strip or stiff edge of the mask so it moulds to the shape of your nose.
- Pull down the mask’s bottom so it covers your mouth and your chin.
- Do not touch the mask while you are wearing it for protection.
- After use, take off the mask with clean hands; remove the elastic loops from behind the ears while keeping the mask away from your face and clothes, to avoid touching potentially contaminated surfaces of the mask.
Discard the mask in a closed bin immediately after use. Do not reuse the mask.
Perform hand hygiene after touching or discarding the mask – Use alcohol-based hand rub or, if visibly soiled, wash your hands with soap and water.
Read more at WHO
Yvad Billings, Readers Bureau, Fellow
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story?
Please add a comment in the e-mail box below or send email to email@example.com
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Send us a message on WhatsApp at 646-874-7976 or Call us at 201-500-7715