The sizzle is nothing. Food is everything. Obey your taste.
Cheers to something completely different – the chicken noodle soup!
Packed with onions, and pungent pepper with a hint of garlic, and ginger to help boost the immune systems and that’s just to get you ready.
Don’t forget the veggies for extra nutrients—and to put you into cruise motion use bean-based pasta to provide protein and fiber.
And, now, here are the ingredients to get you going:
4 servings of your favorite pasta, uncooked
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 yellow onions, diced
1 medium leek, sliced
8 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
6 cups vegetable broth
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
5 stalks celery, chopped (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 thin slices of scotch bonnet pepper
Drive home using directions as follow:
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, leek, garlic, and ginger, and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, carrots, celery, and dill, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15–20 minutes until the carrots and celery are tender.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Marcia Wright, Readers Bureau, Contributor
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story?
Please add a comment in the e-mail box below or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Send us a message on WhatsApp at 646-874-7976 or Call us at 201-500-7715