Sweet Potato Pudding is an all-time favorite dessert of Jamaicans. Its mild texture and sweet taste make it mouth-watering, delicious, and appealing to the palette.
Jamaicans boast that you haven’t eaten pudding until you taste Jamaica sweet potato pudding.
This is how it’s made:
- 2 pounds sweet potato
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruits
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Wash and pare off the skin of the potatoes.
- Wash again, then grate.
- Grate coconut, add water, and squeeze juice through a strainer.
- Blend flour, mixed spice (raisins, etc.), salt, and nutmeg.
- Combine this mixture with the grated potatoes and mix well.
- Add sugar, fruits, and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Grease pan, pour in batter, bake at 350 degrees F for 40-60 minutes or until done.
There you have it! Enjoy with your signature soft drink!
Nigel Bell, Readers Bureau, Contributor
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story?
Please add a comment in the e-mail box below, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a message on WhatsApp at 646-874-7976 or Call us at 201-500-7715
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau