Sweet Potato Pudding is an all-time favorite dessert of Jamaicans. Its mild texture and sweet taste make it mouth-watering, delicious, and appealing to the palette.
Jamaicans boast that you ain’t eaten pudding until you taste Jamaica sweet potato pudding.
This is how it’s made:
- 2 pounds sweet potato
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruits
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Wash and pare off the skin of the potatoes
- Wash again then grate
- Grate coconut, add water and squeeze juice through a strainer
- Blend flour, mixed spice (raisins, etc.), salt, and nutmeg
- Combine this mixture with the grated potatoes and mix well
- Add sugar, fruits, and coconut milk. Mix well
- Grease pan, pour in batter, bake at 350 degrees F for 40-60 minutes or until done
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add a comment in the box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21