Yo ho ho and a glass of Jamaican rum punch is an invitation or introductory drink to visitors to the island and a must have at most Jamaican parties. This is also one of the drinks of choice during the Christmas season.
The classic recipe follows the 1-2-3-4 formula that is, “one of sour, two of sweet, three of strong and four of weak.”
- 1 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberry flavored syrup (or other simple red colored syrup)
- 3 cups Jamaican white over-proof rum (Appleton)
- 4 cups water or fruit juice
- Mix everything together in a punch bowl.
- Taste and adjust.
- Garnish with slices of lime and/or pieces of pineapple.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill. Aging improves Rum Punch so we suggest refrigerate and serve after 2 hours.
- Serve cold over ice.
- Serves: 10-12.
Jamaica, no problem!
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in e-mail box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21