Here’s a step-by-step recipe that will help you make a creamy, delicious, mouth-watering Jamaican cheesecake. When done, one will be tempted to even climb the Blue Mountain for a slice.
1 cup finely grounded wheat crackers (4 ounces)
7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup sugar (granulated)
1lb cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar (granulated)
Pinch of coarse salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
- Combine crust ingredients. Mix well. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of an 8 or 9-inch pan.
- Put into preheated 350 °F oven for about 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, set the pan on a rack to cool for 5 minutes and then put in the refrigerator to chill.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium speed with a hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar and beat just until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl and beaters as needed.
- Slowly beat the cream cheese, then eggs, vanilla and take care, not to over whip.
- Pour mixture of filling into the cooled crust.
- Place pan in the oven at 350 °F and allowed to bake for 45 minutes.
Ideas for topping
- For topping, pour soft chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake.
- Add chopped fresh fruit, either all on its own or tossed with a fruit syrup
Marcia Wright, Readers Bureau, Fellow
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add a comment in the box below or send us an email at email@example.com
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21