It is a sweet treat and can neither be classified as a cake nor pudding but somewhat in between — let’s just say it’s pone!
Here is how it is prepared:
2 medium sweet cassava
1 small dried coconut
2 tbsp butter or margarine
6 oz sugar
1/4 tsp spice and black pepper
1/2 tsp essence
1/4 tsp salt
- Peel, wash, grate and mix the cassava and coconut together.
- Work in the butter with a fork.
- Add the other ingredients and enough water to bind stiffly.
- Put the mixture into a greased dripping pan, where it should be about 1 inch thick.
- Bake in a moderate oven until crisp and brown on top.
- Cut into 1½ to 2 inch squares before serving.
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21