Electing to bat, the Scorpions posted 255-8 off their allotted 50 overs.
Devon Thomas top-scored with 65 while Chadwick Walton got 48 and Steven Taylor 45 against Ashley Nurse 3-38 and Miguel Cummins 3-39.
The Pride were then dismissed for 181 with Shai Hope getting 56 and Kraigg Brathwaite 52.
Part-time off-spinner John Campbell captured 4-43, while off-spinning all-rounder Damani Sewell took 3-46 and skipper Nikita Miller chipped in with 2-36.
Scorpions no doubt is happy with the performance of Damani Sewell, the only new face added to the Nikita Miller-led squad.
However, not much is known about Sewell, consequently, the Readers Bureau decided to fact check the player.
So, here are 10 facts about Sewell that will keep you chatting beyond the boundary:
1. He is a former Jamaica national Under-15 representative
2. Sewell is a former Marcus Garvey Technical High School student who played in the ISSA/Grace Headley Cup competition for his school
3. The 22-year-old Sewell hones his skill by playing for St. Ann CA local club
4. He is employed as a cricket coach at his former high school
5. He was one of the leading wicket-takers at the Jamaica Scorpions’ trials and was dismissed only once, in 5 innings
6. He is highly touted as an all-rounder in local cricket circles – right-hand batter and off-spin bowler
7. He made his List A debut in the 2016-17 Regional Super50 against Combined Campuses and Colleges
8. He hails from Ocho Rios and is also a past student of Browns Town Community College
9. He has best bowling figures of 3-46 and a highest score of 25 in the three matches in the Super50 he has played to date
10. He is a Manchester United football fan
Carol Maye, Readers Bureau, Fellow
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add a comment in the box below or send us an email at email@example.com
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21