The brain is said to account for 2 percent of our body weight but sucks down roughly 20 percent of our daily calories. It needs glucose, but of a certain kind and in the right doses.
That said, one needs to keep the brain maxing out at its full capacity.
However, this takes effort and time to identify and prepare the right food to boost the productivity level of the brain.
1) Maintain adequate levels of sugars in in the body.
2) Eat the fats that are essential for a healthy diet.
3) Include plenty of protein in food servings.
4) Do not ignore vitamins.
5) Make sure that proteins intake are in the correct amount as this provides building blocks for both body and mind. Protein is found in meat, fish, milk and cheese.
6) Eat adequate amount of carbohydrates such as whole grains, legumes, fruits, and starchy vegetables. If one’s glucose level is out of whack because of lack of carbohydrates, one might feel confused, dizzy, and might even have convulsions or lack of consciousness.
7) Fats are an important part of one’s brain health; therefore, it cannot be ignored. It may be had from Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish such as salmon, sardines, and tuna as well as Flax seed and vitamin supplements. Vitamin E – an exceptional antioxidant.
8) Vitamins and Minerals are important to have in any balance diet. They are good for a healthy brain and may be found in in Vitamins A, C, E as well as B vitamins. Minerals include, sodium, magnesium, manganese, potassium and calcium which all serve to enhance the thinking process.
9) Eat food that fires up the neurotransmitters. These may include, egg yolks, wheat germs, peanuts, meat, fish, milk products, pasta, starchy vegetables, potatoes, cereals and others.
10) A combination of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals in a balanced quantity will certainly help one to earn his or her smart stripe.