Dr. Ross, writing on the website, reasons.org, argued that not only is the Bible filled with the fundamentals of science, but it is more than 3,000 years ahead of its time. He noted that the Bible’s statements in many instances contradicted the science of the day in which they were made.
Furthermore, he added that when modern scientific knowledge approaches reality, the divine accuracy of the scriptures is substantiated and justified.
Dr. Ross uses the following example to make his case:
|Earth is a sphere (Is. 40:22).||Earth’s a flat disk.||Earth is a sphere|
|Number of stars exceeds a billion (Jer. 33:22).||Number of stars totals 1,100||Number of stars exceeds a billion|
|Every star is different (1 Cor 15:41).||All stars are the same.||Every star is different.|
|Light is in motion (Job 38:19-20).||Light is fixed in place.||Light is in motion.|
|Air has weight (Job 28:25).||Air is weightless.||Air has weight.|
|Winds blow in cyclones (Eccl. 1:6).||Winds blow straight.||Winds blow in cyclones.|
|Blood is a source of life and healing (Lev. 17:11).||Sick people must bled.||Blood is a source of life and healing.|
He posited the view that for centuries the conjectures of science were at odds with Genesis 1 concerning the origin and development of Earth and of life on Earth. However, he argued that science has now moved beyond conjectures and is now in agreement with the general thrust and thesis of Genesis 1 in the initial conditions of Earth, the description of subsequent events, and in the order of these events.
Dr. Ross postulated that the probability that Moses, writing more than 3,400 year ago, correctly guessed all the details is less than one in trillions.
He buffeted his argument by listing other fundamentals of science that are explained in the Bible accordingly:
1. water cycle (Eccl. 1:7; Is. 55:10).
2. gravity (Job 26:7; Job 38:31-33).
3. Pleiades and Orion as gravitationally bound star groups (Job 38:31). NOTE: All other star
4. groups visible to the naked eye are unbound, with the possible exception of the Hyades.
5. effect of emotions on physical health (Prov. 16:24; Prov. 17:22).conservation of mass and energy (Eccl. 1:9; Eccl. 3:14-15).
6. control of contagious diseases (Lev. 13:4546).
7. importance of sanitation to health (Lev.; Num. 19: Deut. 23:12-13). control of cancer and heart disease (Lev. 7-19).
He concluded by arguing that in the crucible of scientific investigation, the Bible has proven invariably to be correct and no other book ancient or modern can make this claim.