There are many books to choose from for your summer reading, but here are five that caught my eye based on the online reviews and recommendations:
• Hula by Jasmin Iolani Hakes. This debut novel tells the story of a young woman who competes to win the Miss Aloha Hula competition in Hawai’i, while also learning about her family history and the challenges facing her island community.
• Billy Summers by Stephen King. This is a new thriller from the master of horror, about a hitman who wants to retire after one last job. But things get complicated when he has to pose as a writer in a small town and gets involved with the locals. This book promises to be suspenseful, surprising, and emotional.
• Crook Manifesto by Colson Whitehead. The sequel to 2021’s Harlem Shuffle follows Ray Carney, a furniture salesman and part-time fence for stolen goods, as he gets involved in a heist that goes wrong during the 1977 blackout in New York City.
• Silver Nitrate by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. This historical fantasy novel explores the film industry in 1990s Mexico City, where a young woman discovers that she has the power to manipulate silver, a rare and valuable substance that can create or destroy movies.
• The Whispers by Ashley Audrain. This psychological thriller follows a mother who suspects that her 10-year-old son’s fall from his bedroom window was not an accident, but a result of his dark secrets and lies.
I hope you enjoy these books and have a wonderful summer!
Support The Readers Bureau. Buy A T-Shirt Today (4 different colors)! click https://www.bonfire.com/one-love-72/?fbclid=IwAR2bod-XSyrCPutOwG_SMnKiInk6Bqe2kCtjBsAFISqHluQcujrF2UUkFew
Readers Bureau, Contributor
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story?
Please add a comment in the box below or send an email to email@example.com. Call us at 646-874-7976. SUBSCRIBE CLICK https://www.youtube.com/c/yvadbillingsreadersbureau
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21