Headdress comes in many different forms, styles, and fashion. They also serve multiples of purposes which include, but not limited to:
- Badge of honor
However, one type of headdress that has stood out over the centuries is the turban. It is a type of headwear based on cloth winding.
1) It is a symbol of dedication and commitment to the Guru.
2) It is considered to be a gift from the Tenth Master, Guru Gobind Singh.
3) It represents respect and is a sign of nobility.
4) It is a form of identity.
5) It is believed that it keeps the 26 bones of one’s skull in place and allows for the positive flow of energy.
6) It is a sign of upliftment to the downtrodden and represents the equality of all.
7) It is an article of faith that represents honor, self-respect, courage, spirituality, and piety.
8) It is an integral part of Sikh tradition.
9) It protects and keeps their long unshorn hair clean.
10) It is a crown of spirituality.
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21