It’s now official Donald J. Trump has been sworn in as the 45th President of the U.S. Now, many people are speculating that it will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for the 99 percenters – the poor majority and joy unspeakable songs of joy for the millionaires and billionaires – the rich top one percent.
However, the utterance from Trump in his inaugural address is not only provocative but on the face of it seems to put to rest any doubt that his policies will be anything other than all inclusive.
“We, the citizens of America, are now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and to restore its promise for all of our people,” said Trump in his address.
Now, 10 takeaways from Trump’s inaugural address are:
1. The transition is viewed as not merely transferring power from one Administration to another, or from one party to another – but the transfer of power from Washington, D.C. to the American People
2. Over the years, only a small group in the nation’s Capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost – a change will be effected
3. A new quest of allowing the people to control the government rather than the party controlling the government and ultimately the people
4. New policies will be put in place to ensure that Americans are provided with great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves
5. The U.S. has made other countries rich while the wealth, strength, and confidence of the country have disappeared over the horizon — no more, a new beginning
6. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, and on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families
7. The U.S. borders are to be protected from the ravages of other countries that make its products, steal its companies, and destroy its jobs. Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength
8. There will be a stop to enriching foreign industry at the expense of American industry and subsidizing the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of U.S. military
9. There will be reinforcement of old alliances and formation of new ones – unity of the civilized world against Radical Islamic Terrorism, which will be eradicated completely from the face of the Earth
10. The U.S. will not seek to impose its way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example for everyone to follow
Yvad Billings, Readers Bureau, Fellow
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add a comment in the box below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21