U.S. President Donald Trump has spent months diminishing the seriousness of the pandemic even as the virus continues to ravage the U.S., killing about 1,000 more Americans daily.
To date, more than 7 million people have been diagnosed with COVID-19, and over 200,000 have died from the disease in the U.S.
Below are eight of the many quotes from the President Trump regarding the coronavirus disease:
1. “We must hold accountable the nation which unleashed this plague onto the world, China … The Chinese government, and the World Health Organization – which is virtually controlled by China – falsely declared that there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.
2. Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine…”
3. “I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that.”
4. “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
5. “The United States has done far more ‘testing’ than any other nation, by far!”
6. “Last year 37,000 Americans died from the common flu. Nothing is shut down; life and the economy go on… Think about that.”
7. “Very soon, we’re going to come up [with a vaccine].”
8. “We’ve taken the most aggressive actions to confront the coronavirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country.”
9. “I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”
10. “This is deadly stuff.”
The Readers Bureau
Edited by Jesus Chan
Do you want to add feedback to this story?
Please add a comment in the e-mail box below, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, send us a message on WhatsApp at 646-874-7976 or Call us at 201-500-7715
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau