“Labor for learning before you grow old;
For learning is better than silver or gold.
Silver and gold will vanish away,
But a good education will never decay.”
The above poem is one that has been recited by children all over the world throughout the ages and for generations.
The fact is education is part of one’s human capital or intellectual asset that can never be taken away from the individual.
Therefore, it behooves governments and individuals to give education their preferred attention and make it a priority in investment.
Below are ten quotes from some leading proponents of education that one is bound to find inspiring.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
- My parents told me, “Finish your dinner. People in China and India are starving.” I tell my daughters, “Finish your homework. People in India and China are starving for your job.”
Thomas L. Friedman
- Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.
- My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
- Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
- It is better to learn late than never.
Readers Bureau, Contributor
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add a comment in the box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21