Words are powerful and they can either be used to inspire or discourage an individual.
Now, as we enter a New Year, we’ll do well to ponder on words that will not only inspire and encourage us, but also cause us to think differently, overcome challenges, and seize on new opportunities.
1. “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.”
2. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
3. “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.”
4. “Ring out the false, ring in the true.”
Alfred Lord Tennyson
5. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.”
6. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.”
8. “I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.”
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
10. “Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you have always wanted to do but could not find the time. Call up a forgotten friend. Drop an old grudge, and replace it with some pleasant memories. Vow not to make a promise you do not think you can keep. Walk tall, and smile more. You will look 10 years younger. Do not be afraid to say, I love you. Say it again. They are the sweetest words in the world.”
Yvad Billings, Readers Bureau, Contributor
Do you want to add feedback to this story? Please add comment in box below.
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheReadersBureau
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/readersbureau21